Timely advice and information from the Technology Advancement Office:
- Copyright Q&A — what a copyright protects, how long it lasts, who owns it and the benefits of registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office
- Inventor Contributions — your role in advancing innovations to commercial success, such as sharing technical expertise and identifying licensees
- Invention Disclosure — what happens after you disclose your invention, including Tech Advancement’s evaluation steps, recommendations and timeline
- Patent Protection — overview of patent types, requirements and expenses
- Provisional Patent Filing — what it means to file a provisional patent application and factors affecting whether it is converted to a full utility patent application
- SBIR/STTR Funding — overview of these two federal programs designed to help small businesses move research innovations toward commercialization
Each year, MU celebrates faculty and staff who disclose inventions, receive patents and have their innovations licensed by commercial partners.
- 2021 achievements (story), honorees with commercial milestones and those with invention disclosures
- 2020 achievements (story) and honorees (booklet)
- 2019 achievements (story) and honorees (booklet)
Innovate and Live Like a Local — Introductory guide to technology advancement and the Columbia area for new researchers.
The Role of Technology Transfer in Translational Research — Sept. 10, 2020
View recorded session
Fundamentals of Being a Principal Investigator — May 7, 2021
See video links in the Grant & Project Management section in our self-paced professional development options.