Information on protocol application, veterinary care and facilities oversight, procurement and export, training and resources to ensure animal research is conducted safely and humanely.
Information on Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies, procedures, resources and training to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants.
Conflict of interest
Human subjects research
Access templates available for use in your research.
Researchers can log in to find animal research services and care information.
If your project does not meet exclusions, you'll work with us to identify and implement necessary safeguarding as required by the project sponsor. Documentation will include safeguarding steps required by the project sponsor and the process by which the research team will maintain this safeguarding. Some controls may include attending training.
MU researchers with foreign relationships and activities should educate themselves with this guidance and information.
Advanced technology core facilities
Schedule time to utilize advanced technology core equipment.
The Connector (broader impacts)
A partnership between Research, Innovation and Impact and MU Extension, The Connector provides research and professional development opportunities, engagement resources and programming to help researchers share the benefits of their research with Missouri citizens.
Research leading to innovation
Contact MU’s Office of Technology Advancement to see if your research could lead to innovations of interest to companies. We can help you
- Refine your research direction by providing patentability feedback.
- Disclose an invention.
- Connect with potential investors, licensing partners and mentors.
- Help you find resources to advance early-stage innovations, such as translational research programs, business accelerators and small business funding.
- Develop a company around an idea and connect with a mentor.
Take advantage of Mizzou Lab 2 Market, a network of contacts, programs and services available to investigators navigating the multifaceted commercialization process.
Are you conducting industry-sponsored research?
Work with the Industry Partnerships team to meet the expectations of corporate funders and navigate their requests and requirements.
Sponsored programs forms
- Change in Personnel Form
- Change in Personnel Form Instructions
- Independent Contractor Documentation
- Intellectual Property Waiver (Word Document)
- Investigator Form
- Lecturer Agreement
- No Cost Time Extension Request
- OSP FA Waiver
- OSPA Subrecipient and Contractor Determination Checklist for Sponsored Projects
- OSPA Third-Party Cost-Share Commitment
- Payroll Correcting Entry Form External (PDF)
- Payroll Correcting Entry Form External (Excel Document)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form
- Subrecipient Letter of Intent (Word Document)
- Subrecipient Letter of Intent (PDF)
Sponsored programs policies
- Advance and Pre-Award Accounts
- Clinical Trials F&A Cost Recovery
- Compensation for Research-Related Injury
- Cost Share
- Cost Transfers, Payroll
- Cost Transfers, Non-Payroll
- DHHS Salary Cap
- Electronic Effort Verification Report
- Export Control
- F&A Cost Recovery
- Financial Conflict of Interest in NSF-Funded Research
- Financial Conflict of Interest under the 2011 Revised PHS Regulation
- Fly America Act
- Grants Training Registration App
- Guidance to Investigators to Disclose All Financial Interests
- Intellectual Property
- Major Projects and Charging Administrative Costs to Sponsored Projects
- No Cost Time Extension
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Participant Support Costs
- Public Access Policies
- Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
- Safeguarding Covered Defense Information, Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and Cyber Incident Reporting
- Sexual Harassment, Other Forms of Harassment and Sexual Assault
- Sponsored Programs Guidance on Industry Contracts Relating to Oversight Management Plans
- University of Missouri Position on 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
Human subjects research
- Annual Review of Research
- Post Approval Monitoring Process
- Unanticipated Problems
Review instructions for starting an animal protocol.
Researchers can log in to access animal use policies, guidelines and care information.
Log into eCompliance
Learn about MU inventor rights and responsibilities.
As a general rule, MU owns inventions made by its employees. See University of Missouri Collected Rules and Regulations, Section 100.020.
Share materials or information with an outside collaborator.
Self-paced professional development resources
The Role of Technology Transfer in Translational Research
View recorded session
Fundamentals of Being a Principal Investigator
Recorded sessions listed below.
More professional development resources
Browse our growing library of recorded webinars.
Sign up for upcoming workshops.
We also offer several programs that provide sustained support and training.
Interested in learning how to translate an idea from lab to market?
The National Science Foundation Innovation Corps (I-Corps) provides training in starting a business, customer discovery, industrial processes and other areas for researchers interested in commercializing their innovations.
Sign up to get the latest news about funding opportunities, professional development, research news, accolades and important deadlines.