What we do
We provide professional development opportunities focused on increasing your confidence, skills, and productivity throughout the life cycle of a research or creative works project. Our growing catalog includes workshops and resources available to faculty, students and staff that range from short, self-paced modules to intensive multi-year programs.
Our professional development team is a part of The Connector. Our services are available to any MU researcher including faculty, staff, and students.
- Programs – We offer several programs that provide sustained support and training. Examples include the month-long Mentoring at Mizzou series or the Early Career Research Development Fellows Program that extends over three years.
- Upcoming workshops – Each month we offer one-to-two-hour sessions focused on specific topics related to research development.
- Self-paced learning – Our self-paced learning resources include archives of our recorded workshops, handouts and documentation.
- Team Science – We customize and facilitate collaborative events designed to help teams of researchers build new connections, identify new lines of inquiry and ideate around funding opportunities. Additionally, researchers can schedule a proposal consultation for assistance in refining project elements such as the development of logic models, timelines, project plans, etc.
- Individual Support – Meet with our team to discuss your research development needs including finding funding for your research, developing an NSF Broader Impacts strategy, planning an evaluation, developing a logic model, applying for project supplements, grant writing, identifying potential partners and more. Request support now or email us at email@example.com.