MU is a member institution of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP), which focuses on reducing administrative burdens associated with research grants and contracts.
MU also participates in the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse, an online system featuring profiles of organizations that include:
- Facilities and administrative (F&A) costs and fringe benefit rates.
- Most recent Single Audit.
- Public Health Service (PHS) financial conflict of interest policy.
- Other information certified as correct by the organization’s authorized officials and reviewed for accuracy by Clearinghouse subcommittee members.
Participating organizations have agreed to review member profiles in lieu of sending or receiving individual subrecipient commitment forms. This reduces administrative paperwork between pass-through and subrecipient organizations. Project-specific information, such as budgets and statements of work, is exchanged as appropriate.
Contact MU’s office of Sponsored Programs pre-award staff for more information.
How to use the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse
If MU is designated as the pass-through entity:
- Search for the subrecipient’s profile by name or DUNS number (the nine-digit identifier tied to an entity’s credit profile).
- Users can submit a one-page, simplified letter of intent (LOI) if an organization’s information is available in the Clearinghouse.
- If the organization’s profile is not listed, a Subrecipient Commitment Form is available.
If MU is the subrecipient, and the pass-through entity participates in the Clearinghouse:
- You do not need to submit a Subrecipient Commitment Form for the pass-through entity.
- You do, however, need to notify the pass-through entity that MU is part of the Clearinghouse and request that they provide you with their simplified one-page LOI.
Sample language for the request:
“I am writing to let you know that the University of Missouri in Columbia is a participant in the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse. It is my understanding that your organization also is a participant. As part of the Clearinghouse, our organizations have agreed that we will not send or require completion of subrecipient commitment forms, but will, instead, use our profiles posted on the Clearinghouse website.”
If the pass-through entity does not participate in the Clearinghouse:
- Make sure to complete the entity’s Subrecipient Commitment Form.