What we do
The Robert and Shelly Family Griggs Innovators Nexus in the MU Student Center is a place where Mizzou students can collaborate and learn firsthand what it takes to start and run a business. As the hub of Mizzou's entrepreneurial community, we offer:
- Unique areas, such as an ideation room, that student entrepreneurs can use to collaborate, share ideas, practice pitches and sell products. We also have a 10-person conference room and two gathering spaces. All areas are equipped with the latest in Solstice flat panel technology to make teamwork much easier. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.
- Three retail storefronts for students interested in launching a brick-and-mortar store. View story and a day-in-the-life video featuring Grant Houston and his clothing store.
- Two incubator office spaces for students launching an e-commerce, software or other online/web-based venture that does not require a physical storefront.
- Programming, coaching, pitch competitions, funding, networking opportunities and resources to help students succeed. Examples:
- We host Mizzou's chapter of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization and its 4impact program focused on social entrepreneurship.
- Our signature program is the Entrepreneur Quest Student Accelerator with a $30,000 prize pool and an education program for students with the most scalable ventures.
- Connect with mentors and discover ventures, internships, jobs and events on missouri.startuptree.com, the No. 1 online community for university entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship programs at MU create economic opportunities for students and empower them to put learning into practice, take risks in a safe environment, problem solve, think unconventionally and tap the state’s innovation ecosystem.
Robert and Shelly Griggs and their sons, A.J. and Bo, created a lasting legacy in 2021 as founding sponsors of the Griggs Innovators Nexus. Learn more about their gift to establish of the Griggs Innovators Nexus.