What we do
The Robert and Shelly Family Griggs Innovators Nexus in the MU Student Center is a place where Mizzou students can collaborate and learn firsthand what it takes to start and run a business. As the hub of Mizzou's entrepreneurial community, we offer:
- Unique areas, such as an ideation room, that student entrepreneurs can use to collaborate, share ideas, practice pitches and sell products. We also have a 10-person conference room and two gathering spaces. All areas are equipped with the latest in Solstice flat panel technology to make teamwork much easier. Contact email@example.com to reserve a space. Take a virtual tour of the Nexus.
- Four retail storefronts for students interested in launching a brick-and-mortar store. View story and a day-in-the-life videos featuring Grant Houston and his clothing store.
- Two incubator office spaces for students launching an e-commerce, software or other online/web-based venture that does not require a physical storefront.
- Programming, coaching, pitch competitions, funding, networking opportunities and resources to help students succeed. Examples:
- We host a chapter of the national Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization (CEO). Search MU Engage for more information. In addition to providing networking and growth opportunities, Mizzou's chapter runs 4impact, a social entrepreneurship program.
- Our signature program is the Entrepreneur Quest Student Accelerator with a $30,000 prize pool and an education program for students with the most scalable ventures.
Entrepreneurship programs at MU create economic opportunities for students and empower them to put learning into practice, take risks in a safe environment, problem solve, think unconventionally and tap the state’s innovation ecosystem.
Robert and Shelly Griggs and their sons, A.J. and Bo, created a lasting legacy in 2021 as founding sponsors of the Griggs Innovators Nexus. Learn more about their gift to establish of the Griggs Innovators Nexus.
Meet our staff