What we do
We partner with industry contacts, entrepreneurs and investors to bring MU innovations to commercial settings for development into products and services that benefit society.
Our team helps inventors leverage the impact of their research, which often leads to new technologies, tools, therapeutics, diagnostics, compositions, processes, apps, models and other innovations that improve lives.
We do this by:
- Evaluating inventions for novelty, utility and market potential.
- Securing intellectual property protection, such as patents and copyrights.
- Identifying potential commercial partners and mentors.
- Negotiating and managing licenses and other agreements.
- Managing invention reporting and compliance requirements from federal, state and industry sponsors.
Contact us early for feedback and before you share your work publicly.
Assistance for innovators
We are available to help you:
- Disclose an invention.
- Craft intellectual property strategies for your grant proposal.
- Develop a company around an innovation (for small business funding proposals).
- Find resources to advance your early-stage innovations, such as translational research programs, business accelerators and Mizzou Lab 2 Market services.
- Navigate requirements and best practices for employees interested in founding a startup company based on Mizzou research.
Meet MU innovators with new patents, licensed technologies and first product sales in 2022.