The Office of Technology Management and Industry Relations (OTMIR) works to identify, assess, protect and market commercially viable intellectual property developed at The University of Missouri. The OTMIR evaluates new technologies, obtains patent protection where needed, identifies licensees and negotiates all intellectual property agreements.
The mission of Office of Technology Management and Industry Relations is to identify commercializable technology resulting from research performed at MU. Our office legally protects intellectual property, while seeking income for University and inventor, as well as enhancing industrial relations and supporting regional economic development, benefiting the public.
The University of Missouri will achieve national prominence in technology management and industry relations by:
- Providing an environment that fosters intellectual discovery, creative problem solving and the dissemination and application of knowledge
- Conducting programs that contribute significantly to economic development
- Offering support services to research clientele and industry partners
- Establishing national and international partnerships in research and commercialization
OTMIR provides the following functions:
- Receive invention disclosure forms and evaluate the inventions for novelty, utility and commercial relevance
- Manage the intellectual property, reporting and compliance obligations of federal, state and industrial sponsored research contracts on all inventions created by faculty
- Seeking intellectual property protection, identify potential licensees and negotiate a variety of intellectual property related agreements for commercially viable technologies
Last Updated: May 10, 2012