Rules and Regulations
- Invention Disclosure
- Invention Disclosure Form
- Software Disclosure Form
- Mobile App Disclosure Form
- Additional Contributors Addendum
- Intellectual Property "Patents"
- Documenting Scientific Discovery
- Rules and Regulations
- Disclosure Management Process
- Prior Art Search
- Patent Management Procedure
- Material Transfer Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Technology Search
- Inventor's Guide
- Mid-MO Entrepreneurial Calendar
Patent Regulations are contained in the Collected Rules and Regulations of the University of Missouri. Regulations related to Intellectual Property are part of the University employment contract. Therefore, these regulations are a condition of employment; they apply to all students, paid or unpaid, utilizing University facilities.
In brief, the policy stipulates that University employees and students are "required and shall upon request assign to The Curators of the University of Missouri all domestic and foreign rights to any Invention made by the employee within the general scope of her/his duties as an employee of the University". In return, the University assumes responsibility for the expense of securing patents and negotiation of licensing agreements.
Last Updated: April 13, 2017