- Invention Disclosure
- Invention Disclosure Form
- Software Disclosure Form
- Mobile App Disclosure Form
- Intellectual Property "Patents"
- Documenting Scientific Discovery
- Rules and Regulations
- Disclosure Management Process
- Prior Art Search
- Patent Management Procedure
- Material Transfer Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Technology Search
- Inventor's Guide
- Mid-MO Entrepreneurial Calendar
One of OTMIR's responsibilities is to enable MU researchers to share materials and confidential information with outside collaborators while protecting their intellectual property. Inventors should not disclose confidential or unpublished information with an outside researcher or entity without having a signed confidentiality agreement in place. These agreements are referred to as Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs) or Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs). Information disclosed to an outside entity without the protection of such agreements can compromise our ability to obtain patent protection for your innovations. OTMIR negotiates the terms of the NDA, obtains official signatures and secures approval from the University of Missouri Office of the General Counsel.
Outside parties interested in obtaining or sharing confidential information sometimes send agreements directly to MU investigators. Please forward these agreements as soon as possible to OTMIR for processing and approval. Individual investigators cannot complete agreements, including NDAs, on the university's behalf. Only Chancellor-authorized signatories may execute these agreements.
Procedure for execution of NDAs
- Obtain an NDA Request Form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 573-882-6013.
- The OTMIR staff member responsible for processing confidentiality agreements will negotiate and handle execution of your agreement. Please indicate your preferred turnaround time. OTMIR processes agreements as quickly as possible; however, we recommend that you allow sufficient time in your schedule for this important step.
- OTMIR will send inventors a copy of the fully executed agreement.
- Please read the agreement carefully, comply with the terms, and stay within the scope of the agreement.
- Once the agreement is fully executed, feel free to exchange confidential information defined by the scope of the agreement.
- Questions? Please contact:
Last Updated: August 28, 2017