Sponsored Programs Administration
MU Limited Submission Procedures
Last Updated: January 25, 2017
- Read the sponsor's guidelines and consider what the most important
review criteria will be. Draft a letter of intent of three pages
or less, including the following:
- A description of your proposed project, focusing on the most important review criteria including objectives, methods, and outcomes,
- An estimate as to the budget request,
- The anticipated amounts and sources of cost match commitments
(if there will be cost match commitments), and
- The names of three MU personnel who would be qualified to review
your letter of intent for this funding opportunity.
- Submit your letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org by
the internal deadline. Please be sure to note in the cover email
or the subject line the limited submission competition to which
you are responding.
- If the number of letters of intent received does not exceed the
sponsor's limit, the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
will notify you within a day or two that your proposal is cleared
- If the number of letters of intent received exceeds the sponsor's
limit, the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration will solicit
faculty reviews. Instructions to reviewers will be to read the
sponsor guidelines and the letters of intent and then to rank the
letters in the order in which the reviewer would expect the letters
to be funded in light of the sponsor's guidelines. Reviews represent
recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Research, who makes the
final selection. You will be notified of the results of the review
process as soon as reviews are all in and have been conveyed to
the Vice Chancellor for Research.
- If your proposal is selected to proceed, please be aware of the
- Selection does not imply any cost match commitments.
- Normal processing procedures by your department and division
and the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration apply.
- If for some reason you decide not to proceed with a proposal,
you should notify the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
as soon as possible so that an alternate application can be approved.
- If individual faculty or staff become aware of limited submission
opportunities that are not posted on the limited submission page, they
must immediately notify the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
by emailing email@example.com.
- If the internal deadline passes and all of the sponsor's allowed
slots have not been filled, additional applications will be treated
on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if the internal deadline has passed and you are interested in submitting