Internal Procedures for Limited Submissions
“Limited submission" programs are those for which the
sponsor limits the number of applications or nominations that a given
institution may submit. The guidelines for these programs generally
allow only one or two applications and always require the institution
to determine which applications will be submitted. Please follow the
instructions below to be considered for a particular limited submission
Announcements for these programs, along with the internal campus deadlines for submission of letters of intent to the Office of Research, are posted at http://research.missouri.edu/ogwp/lsa/. To subscribe or unsubscribe to the campus listserv that receives a notice each time new announcements are posted, go to http://research.missouri.edu/ogwp/subscribe.
Archived posts may be viewed by clicking Limited
Submission Announcements in the left pane for the current year
or archived years below the link.
- Read the sponsor's guidelines and consider what the most important review criteria will be. Draft a letter of intent of three pages or less, including the following:
- A description of your proposed project, focusing on the most important review criteria including objectives, methods, and outcomes,
- An estimate as to the budget request,
- The anticipated amounts and sources of cost match commitments (if there will be cost match commitments), and
- The names of three MU personnel who would be qualified to review your letter of intent for this funding opportunity.
- Submit your letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline. Please be sure to note in the cover email or the subject line the limited submission competition to which you are responding.
- If the number of letters of intent received does not exceed the sponsor's limit, the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration will notify you within a day or two that your proposal is cleared to proceed.
- If the number of letters of intent received exceeds the sponsor's limit, the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration will solicit faculty reviews. Instructions to reviewers will be to read the sponsor guidelines and the letters of intent and then to rank the letters in the order in which the reviewer would expect the letters to be funded in light of the sponsor's guidelines. Reviews represent recommendations to the Senior Vice Chancellor for Research, Graduate Studies, and Economic Development or his designee, who makes the final decision. You will be notified of the results of the review process as soon as reviews are all in and a decision has been reached.
- If your proposal is selected to proceed, please be aware of the following caveats:
- Selection does not imply any cost match commitments.
- Normal processing procedures by your department and division and the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration apply.
- If for some reason you decide not to proceed with a proposal, you should notify the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration (email@example.com) as soon as possible so that an alternate application can be approved.
- If the internal deadline passes and all of the sponsor's allowed slots have not been filled, additional applications will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the internal deadline has passed and you are interested in submitting an application.