Institutional Review Board
Choosing the Right Institutional Review Board
If the Principal Investigator is employed or is a student in any of the following, then the investigator should submit to the Health Sciences Institutional Review Board.
- School of Medicine
- University Hospitals and Clinics
- Children's Hospital
- Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
- Howard A. Rusk Rehabilitation Center
- Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital
- School of Health Professions
- Charles & Josie Smith Sinclair School of Nursing
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Missouri Institute of Mental Health
- Missouri Rehabilitation Center
- Columbia Regional Hospital
- Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
The subject population includes patients (either inpatients or outpatients) in any of the institutions listed above;
The research is regulated by the FDA or VA;
The research involves physical stress to the subjects (e.g., exercise physiology projects);
The research involves any collection of human blood (above the amount qualifying for Expedited review);
The research involves fetuses.
The Campus IRB reviews all other areas of campus.